Rideshare Accident Attorneys in Manhattan
Fighting For Those Who Have Been Injured in an Uber Or Lyft in New York
In New York, calling a taxi has always been one of the easiest ways to get from point A to point B. However, with the recent growth of rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft, New Yorkers can now call in a ride with a few taps and swipes on their smartphone. Although rideshare services are booming, they aren’t exactly flawless. Rideshare vehicles can still get into serious accidents, just like any other car on the road.
If you were involved in an accident while in a rideshare vehicle, it is important that you understand your rights. Our team at Loscalzo & Loscalzo, P.C. has the knowledge and skill set you need. With nearly 50 years of legal experience, our attorneys know what legal strategies work best when it comes to obtaining maximum compensation. When you trust your case to our firm, you can rest easy knowing we will work our hardest to help you move forward and recover from your crash.
Common Injuries in Rideshare Accidents
Rideshare accidents can lead to various injuries, varying from minor to severe. Some common injuries in rideshare accidents may include:
- Whiplash and Neck Injuries: Sudden stops or collisions can cause rapid back-and-forth movement, leading to whiplash injuries. Neck injuries are common in rideshare accidents and may require extensive medical attention.
- Head Injuries: Impact during a rideshare accident can cause head injuries, ranging from concussions to traumatic brain injuries. Even seemingly minor incidents can have lasting effects on cognitive function.
- Bone Fractures: The force of a collision can result in broken bones, affecting various parts of the body. Fractures may require surgical intervention and prolonged rehabilitation.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Sprains, strains, and other soft tissue injuries can occur because of the sudden jolts experienced during a rideshare accident. These injuries may not be immediately apparent but can cause long-term discomfort.
- Psychological Trauma: Rideshare accidents can have a lasting impact on mental health. Victims may experience anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) following a traumatic incident.
What are Rideshare Programs?
Also called transportation network companies, rideshare programs connect drivers and passengers in the same area, usually through an app. That same app allows passengers to request drivers, pay for the ride, and even rate drivers.
The drivers are not employed by the company, which is where liability in an accident can get confusing. All rideshare drivers must have a valid driver’s license and car insurance, but other than those two qualifications, not much is required. For this reason, some drivers are often inexperienced, careless, or dangerous.
Who is Liable in a Rideshare Accident?
Although rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft do have coverage in the event of a crash, the coverage is usually limited. The driver is only covered if the app is turned on at the time of the accident, and there is usually a limit to the amount the rideshare company will cover. The insurance coverage of the driver may also have to come into play in order to cover the damage of the accident.
Finding out how much coverage you can obtain and how to obtain it can be tricky. Our firm understands the complexities of personal injury law as it applies to rideshare accidents, and we can help you create a plan.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Rideshare Accident Claim?
Potential damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Recovering medical costs is a primary concern in rideshare accident cases. This includes hospital bills, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, and any other expenses related to your injuries.
- Lost Wages: If your injuries stop you from working, you could be qualified for compensation for lost wages. We can diligently assess the impact on your income to secure rightful reimbursement.
- Pain and Suffering: Physical injuries often come with emotional distress and pain. Compensation for pain and suffering aims to address the non-economic aspects of your suffering, providing relief for the emotional toll the accident has taken.
- Property Damage: Damages to your vehicle or personal property are recoverable. We work to ensure you are compensated for the repair or replacement costs incurred because of the rideshare accident.
- Future Damages: Anticipating future medical expenses or ongoing treatment needs is vital in rideshare accident cases. We can work with medical experts to evaluate the long-term impact of your injuries, securing compensation for future damages.
Contact Our Manhattan Rideshare Accident Attorney Today
At Loscalzo & Loscalzo, P.C., our rideshare accident attorneys in Manhattan possess the experience and expertise to navigate the complexities of these cases. We understand the challenges victims often face in the aftermath of these accidents and are determined to secure the compensation you deserve. Don't let the complexities of the legal process overwhelm you. Contact us today for a consultation. Together, we'll work towards achieving justice and ensuring you receive the compensation needed to rebuild your life after a rideshare accident.
If you were involved in a rideshare accident, we want to help. Contact Loscalzo & Loscalzo, P.C. to discuss your accident with our rideshare accident lawyer in Manhattan today.